It’s that time again! re:Invent is less than a month away, and this year is going to be one for the books. Not only is re:Invent celebrating its 10th anniversary, but it will also be one of the first major in-person events since 2019! After nearly two years of virtual conferences, you can bet the Gremlin team is excited to meet up with you in-person again.
While we’re all counting down the days to Vegas, we want to share some of the things we have planned, what we’re most excited about, and resources you can use to get ready.
Take part in the AWS Financial Services GameDay
Gremlin is partnering with AWS to bring you the first ever AWS Financial Services GameDay! This is a hands-on learning experience designed specifically for Financial Services technology professionals. You’ll learn how to use AWS services to build financial analytics for portfolio analysis, use machine learning for price prediction and news sentiment, integrate real-time financial market prices and ESG scores, and use Gremlin to test the resiliency of your environment.
This is an awesome opportunity to learn about a wide range of AWS services, work together with like-minded professionals, and learn how to build resilient, disruption-free applications. You don’t need AWS experience to join, and even if you’re already an AWS pro, there’s an optional expert track you can take to test your skills.
This event will take place at the Venetian on Tuesday, November 30 from 7:45 AM to 12:15 PM, and again on Thursday, December 2 from 1:45 PM to 6:15 PM. For more info and registration links, check out re:Invents Jams and GameDays page.
Stop by and say hi at the Gremlin booth
If you’re on-site, make sure to stop by our booth (#631) in the expo hall! We’ll be handing out swag, showing demos, and previewing upcoming Gremlin features. Our Account Executives and members of our leadership team will also be on-site and would love to meet with you. You can request a meeting with your AE or another member of the Gremlin team by filling out this form.
We are also a stop on the Resiliency Tour and will be holding raffles for Amazon gift cards! To enter, all you need to do is visit our booth and each of our partner’s booths: NS1, LaunchDarkly, CircleCI, MongoDB, Kong, and Dynatrace. Visit all 7 booths, scan the QR codes, and be entered for a 1 in 5 chance to win a $150 Amazon gift card!
Then, join us for DevOps After Dark, an after party from Gremlin, GitLab, Sysdig, Granulate, PagerDuty, and Coralogix. We’ll have great food, drinks, raffles, and more! The party is on Tuesday, Nov 30 from 8:00 - 10:00 PM at Chayo at The LINQ. Register now to reserve your spot.
Check out these great re:Invent resources
There are hundreds of talks, keynotes, breakout sessions, GameDays, and events happening all throughout re:Invent. There isn’t one single comprehensive guide to every activity, but there are a ton of other helpful resources:
- The official agenda is a high-level overview of everything happening during the week for both in-person and virtual attendees. According to AWS, the full session catalog will be available closer to the event.
- How to re:Invent is a series of videos on the different going-ons at re:Invent including why you should attend, guides for AWS Partners, and AWS Training and Certification opportunities.
- The AWS Hero guides are curated by AWS Heroes, AWS industry teams, and AWS Partners to provide recommended sessions, tips for building your agenda, and other useful resources. These cover various technology stacks; industries; Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity; and AWS Partners. Here are some of our favorites:
- The DevOps guide by Serhat Can
- The Financial Services guide from the AWS Worldwide Financial Services team
- The breakout content page lists all of the breakout sessions, workshops, chalk talks, and builder’s sessions planned.
- When you’re ready to unwind, check out the unofficial re:Invent parties page for all of the receiptions, happy hours, dance parties, bingo nights, and bashes happening throughout the week.
Have fun, but stay safe
re:Invent can be overwhelming to begin with, and with so many of us transitioning back from virtual events to in-person events, this year might feel even more stressful. The AWS team has put health measures in place to ensure everyone’s safety. Make sure to read the health measures page to learn what these measures are and what AWS is requiring from all in-person attendees. If you’re still not sure about attending in-person, remember that you can still attend re:Invent virtually–and for free!
As always, remember to take care of yourself. re:Invent is fun, but taxing. Make sure to drink plenty of water, take breaks, and unwind at some of the more fun and relaxed events.
See you there!