Welcome to the Gremlin documentation! Here's everything you need to get started with Gremlin Reliability Management and Gremlin Fault Injection.
Step 1 is to install the Gremlin Agent. The Gremlin Agent lets you run reliability tests and fault injections on the systems you install it to.
- Check compatibility with your systems
- Review the prerequisites
- Install the Gremlin Agent
- Configure the Gremlin Agent
- Authenticate the Gremlin Agent
Step 2 is to integrate your monitoring and observability tool, as well as any other tools. Gremlin uses your service's Golden Signal monitors to determine whether a reliability test was successful. Gremlin natively integrates with several observability tools and supports other tools via REST API.
- Add a Golden Signal Monitor
- Optional: Integrate with load generators and other tools
- Optional: Install the Private Network Integrations Agent
Step 3 is to define your services in Gremlin. You define a service as a collection of hosts, containers, or Kubernetes resources in your environment. Gremlin then tests and measures the reliability of each service.